Bickenhill permit scheme
From Monday 21 September you will need to book an appointment to visit Bickenhill HWRC.
Vehicles which use a permit can only access the site Monday, Wednesday to Saturday from 10.00am to 2.00pm.
On Tuesday’s permit holders can visit the site from 10.00am until 15 minutes before close.
Apply for permit
Please telephone 0121 704 8000, we will ask for your vehicle registration. Permits are issued by post, please leave up to 10 working days to receive the permit. Due to the Covid-19 situation, this process may take longer.
Appointments can only be booked once you have received your permit.
Book an appointment
Appointments will be available on a first come, first served basis. Each appointment slot will be for 15 minutes.
Please pre-sort recycling and waste at home for a quick turnaround time to keep yourself safe and to help the site remain on schedule.
We are limiting visits to one per household per week. This is to try to make sure that every household that needs to use this service can book a slot.
Book an appointment for a permitted vehicle
Vehicles requiring a permit
- a car with a small trailer in between 6ft (1.83m) and 9ft 6in (2.9m) in length including the tow bar
- a van (cannot be towing a trailer)
- single cab, double cab and king cab pick ups (cannot be towing a trailer)
- any vehicle with 8 seats or more eg mini bus (cannot be towing a trailer)
- 4 x 4 vehicles without rear side windows (cannot be towing a trailer)
- 4 x 4 vehicles with rear side windows towing a trailer
- campervans and campervan conversions
Not accepted on the site
- any trailer over 2.9 meters (9ft 6in) including the tow bar
- any vehicle in excess of the weight restriction (3.5 tonnes)
- any vehicle in excess of the height restriction (6ft 9in or 2.05m)
- long wheel based vans, double or twin axle vans
- vans towing a trailer
- single cab, double cab, king cab pick ups towing a trailer
- 4 x 4 vehicle without rear side windows towing a trailer
- any vehicle with 8 seats or more towing a trailer
Commercial waste is any waste or recyclable material resulting from business based activities, where a payment is made for services rendered. This would include grass cuttings from garden services, for example.
We do not provide a commercial waste collection service nor can commercial waste be taken to Bickenhill Household Waste Recycling Centre to be disposed of.
If you produce commercial waste you will need to make arrangements to have the waste or recycling collected by an approved contractor. For advice about using approved contractors visit our Disposing of waste responsibly page.