Personal budgets are the way that people in need of care and support services manage and receive money.
This personalisation allows you to choose who you want to provide your care and support and organise it yourself.
After you have had an assessment of your care and support needs we’ll agree a personal budget with you. Your personal budget is used to pay for non-residential care services that meet your assessed care and support needs.
You can choose to:
- have your personal budget managed by us
- have your personal budget paid to you as a direct payment
Personal budgets for carers
To support your caring role, the amount of your personal budget will be decided following your carer's assessment and the number of eligible needs you have.
It is important to note that:
- you will be given a typical personal budget at first, which allows your care and support planning to start
- in some cases, it may be necessary to change the amount you are receiving
- an appropriate budget level will be set for you, which is affordable for us and allows you to meet your needs