The Council submitted the Solihull Local Plan to the Planning Inspectorate on 13 May 2021 for independent examination.
Watch the hearing sessions
The upcoming hearing sessions will be broadcast live on our Solihull Council Youtube Channel. You can also access archived recordings here for previous sessions.
Two Inspectors have been appointed to undertake the examination, and they are:
- Kevin Ward BA (Hons) MRTPI
- K Ford MSc MRTPI
The Council has appointed a Programme Officer to assist the Inspectors in carrying out their examination, and she will be the contact for the Inspectors. The Programme Officer’s details are as follows:
- Kelly Akins
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07385468923
- Post: Kelly Akins, Programme Manager, SMBC Offices, The Bluebell Centre, West Mall, Chelmsley Wood, B37 5TN
All documents associated with the examination, including those submitted alongside the plan can be found in our online examination library.
You can view a referenced schedule of documents that can be found in the library. This schedule will be updated as further documents are received.
This page will be updated as the examination progresses with the latest update towards the top of the page.
Early stages undertaken in connection with preparation of the plan can be found under the Local Plan Review pages on the web site which can be found here.
Updates for The Examination
30 September 2021
- The Inspectors have issued the agenda for Matter 5. Agenda for Matter 5 session starting at 2.00pm on Thursday 7 October 2021.
- The most up to date hearings timetable has been issued today.
- The Inspectors have agreed to extend the deadline for the submission of statements relating to Matters 7 to 13 to 5.00pm on Friday 29 October 2021. The deadline for the submission of statements for Matters 6A to 6H remains 5.00pm on Friday 15 October 2021.
27 September 2021
The Inspectors have issued agendas for Matters 3 and 4.
- Agenda for Matter 3 session starting on Tuesday 5 October 2021
- Agenda for Matter 4 session taking place on Thursday 7 October 2021.
24 September 2021
The upcoming hearing sessions will be broadcast live via our Solihull Council Youtube Channel.
22 September 2021
The Inspectors have issued agendas for the first 2 hearing sessions.
- Agenda for Matter 1 session taking place on Monday 27 September 2021
- Agenda for Matter 2 session taking place on Tuesday 28 September 2021.
20 September 2021
The Inspectors’ have issued an updated hearings timetable which now includes the list of accepted participants for the upcoming sessions for Matters 1-5.
2 August 2021
The Council has issued a revised schedule of omitted/alternative sites to the Inspectors.
16 July 2021
The Council submitted its responses to the information/clarification requests made by the Inspectors in their initial letter to the Council dated 24 June 2021.
24 June 2021
Inspectors' initial letter to the council has been issued.
26 May 2021
Inspectors were appointed to undertake the independent examination.